13 Things About IVF Cost You May Not Have Known !
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), is a type of treatment made on a person so as to become fertile. Although the fertilization takes place outside the body, but it is usually conducted on people who have various forms of fertility issues.
In carrying out IVF, there are a number of things to note about the IVF cost.
- The cycle cost of IVF and the price are usually not the same. While the cycle cost may include the transfer of embryo, collection of egg, scans and others, the cost of carrying out blood tests, medication and other important techniques that may be required in the process are usually not included because all patients are not the same.
- Your age influences the IVF cost you would be charged. This is because the younger your age while carrying out the treatment, the easier it becomes.
- Situations where you may need more than one cycle of treatment, you will have to pay more. This is because on an average level, the success rate of IVF are around 35%. So, a patient may have to go through a number of treatments to achieve a successful pregnancy.
- The more the additional techniques you employ in the IVF treatment like the ERA test and PGS, the more the IVF cost.
- Depending on the fertility clinic you have chosen, the total cost of IVF treatment is determined by its success rate.
- If you are using your own eggs and preserve the remaining embryos, you pay less.
- If you are using your own eggs but with assistance in hatching, you pay more.
- For patients using their eggs with surrogate or transferring with Blastocyst, ICSI and others, they pay the highest.
- In situations where a male partner have a lowsperm count and needs intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), the IVF cost would increase.
- Occasions where a patient would require anesthesia in the process, this will add up to the IVF cost eventually.
- If you engage budget clinics where they use low-dose hormone stimulation protocols and the process does not work out fine, you may have to spend more on IVF cost.
- For any reason, if any additional embryos are not transferred within 3-5 days and they are frozen, the IVF cost increases.
- 13. What may increase the IVF cost again is when more supplemental estrogen are added for a patient for whatever reason.