A man’s fertility generally relies on the quantity and quality of his sperm. If the number of sperm a man ejaculates is low or if the sperm are of a poor quality, it will be difficult, and sometimes impossible, for him to cause a pregnancy.
Male infertility is diagnosed when, after testing both partners, reproductive problems have been found in the male.
Male infertility are mainly due to poor semen quality, which can be affected by lifestyle factors like smoking, obesity, and excessive alcohol consumption. A new study led by Michael Eisenberg of Stanford University School of Medicine has found that semen quality is also linked to seemingly unrelated health issues such as hypertension, heart disease, and endocrine disorders.
Semen quality is a measure of the ability of semen to accomplish fertilization. … Decreased semen quality is a major factor of male infertility.
Causes of low sperm count include:
- Drug use. Anabolic steroids taken to stimulate muscle strength and growth can cause the testicles to shrink and sperm production to decrease. …
- Alcohol use. …
- Tobacco smoking. …
- Emotional stress. …
- Sperm testing issues.
DIAGNOSIS OF MALE INFERTILITY :
- General physical examination and medical history.This includes examining the genitals and asking questions about any inherited conditions, chronic health problems, illnesses, injuries or surgeries that could affect fertility.
- Semen analysis.You can provide a semen sample by masturbating and ejaculating into a special container at the doctor’s clinic. The semen is then sent to a laboratory to measure the number of sperm present and look for any abnormalities in the shape (morphology) and movement (motility) of the sperm. The lab will also check the semen for signs of problems such as infections.
Treatment of Male Infertility :
Treatments for male infertility include:
In cases of infertility, Along with the Male partner the female partner is also recommended to be checked. This can help to determine if she will require any specific treatments or if proceeding with assisted reproductive techniques is appropriate.
- In cases where no sperm are present in the ejaculate, sperm can often be retrieved directly from the testicles or epididymis using sperm retrieval techniques.
- Treating infections.Antibiotic treatment might cure an infection of the reproductive tract, but doesn’t always restore fertility.
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART).ART treatments involve obtaining sperm through normal ejaculation, surgical extraction or from donor individuals, depending on your specific case and wishes. The sperm are then inserted into the female genital tract, or used to perform in vitro fertilization (IVF) or intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
OUR SUCCESS STORY WITH MALE INFERTILITY :
One couple came wife age 32 yr and Husband age 33 yr trying for Baby from last 6 yrs. They approached us Baby Joy IVF Clinic . They were looking for affordable IVF cost in Delhi and also asked for the best IVF package in Delhi. After Semen Analysis Male was diagnosed with Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia (OAT) that includes oligozoospermia (low number of sperm), asthenozoospermia (poor sperm movement), and teratozoospermia (abnormal sperm shape). In Baby Joy IVF & Fertility Centre, They were counselled for ICSI or PICSI. After speaking to our Counsellors, they were convinced they have got best IVF cost in Delhi and best IVF package in Delhi. As They had infertility Treatment failure from other clinic, she needed Best advised. They want Best IVF Cost in Delhi with ICSI, which was offered in Baby Joy IVF & Fertility Centre. The Centre gave her best package of IVF with ICSI. She conceived in her first IVF cycle in our Centre and successfully continuing her fifth month of pregnancy.