Delayed Periods- mere coincidence or hormonal imbalance?
As you know some hormones, such as prolactin or thyroid hormones, can cause a woman to miss her period. Some hormonal imbalances are a common problem that runs in families, or they might be caused by something much more serious, such as a brain tumour. In many cases, taking medication can help periods return to their normal cycle.
An imbalance of female hormones is thought to cause irregularities in both the menstrual period and cycle. In general terms, the female hormones, estrogen and progesterone, regulate the menstrual cycle.
Symptoms of hormonal imbalances in women include:
- Heavy, irregular, or painful periods.
- osteoporosis (weak, brittle bones)
- Hot flashes and night sweats.
- Vaginal dryness.
- Breast tenderness.
- Constipation and diarrhoea.
- Acne during or just before menstruation.
Natural Ways to Balance Your Hormones
- Eat enough protein at every meal. Consuming an adequate amount of protein is extremely important.
- Engage in regular exercise.
- Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Learn to manage stress.
- Consume healthy fats.
- Avoid overeating and under-eating.
- Drink green tea.
- Eat fatty-fish having good amount of omega-3fatty acids.
Ways to Restore Hormonal Balance after Pregnancy
- Stay away from harmful substances.
- Remember to take your supplements.
- Avoid soya products.
- Eat Egg Yolk.
- Make sure you are getting some sunshine.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take magnesium supplements and use olive oil for cooking.
- Increase your fibre intake.