5 Causes, Symptoms & Treatments for Ovarian Cysts? By Best IVF Doctors In Delhi
An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled sac that forms in or on the ovary. The best IVF doctors in Delhi say that ovarian cysts are common and can occur in women of all ages. Most ovarian cysts are benign (non-cancerous), and many do not cause any symptoms. However, in some cases, ovarian cysts can cause pain or discomfort and may require medical attention.
Ovarian cysts can vary in size and develop on one or both ovaries. They can be categorized as either functional or non-functional. Functional cysts are the most common ovarian cysts formed during the menstrual cycle. These cysts usually disappear on their own within a few months. Non-functional cysts, such as dermoid cysts and cystadenomas, are less common and can be more complex.
Symptoms Of Ovarian Cysts
However Ovarian cysts are asymptomatic, but in some cases, they can cause a variety of symptoms, and these symptoms are-
- Pain in the lower abdomen or pelvis
- Bloating in the abdomen
- Pressure or swelling during pain
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Nausea or vomiting
How do Ovarian Cysts Affect Fertility?
According to the IVF doctors in Delhi, the effect of ovarian cysts on fertility can vary depending on the cyst’s type, size, and location. In some cases, ovarian cysts may not affect fertility; in others, they may significantly impact a woman’s ability to conceive. Here are some ways in which ovarian cysts can affect fertility:-
Disrupting ovulation: Ovarian cysts can interfere with ovulation, the process by which a mature egg is released from the ovary. If ovulation is disrupted, it can prevent pregnancy from occurring.
Blocking the fallopian tubes: Large ovarian cysts may put pressure on the fallopian tubes, which can block the egg’s passage from the ovary to the uterus. This can make it difficult for sperm to reach the egg, preventing pregnancy.
Impairing egg quality: Some types of ovarian cysts, such as endometriomas, can reduce the quality of eggs produced by the ovary. This can make it harder to conceive, even if ovulation occurs normally.
Affecting the menstrual cycle: Ovarian cysts can disrupt the normal menstrual cycle, leading to irregular periods or anovulatory cycles. This can make it more difficult to predict ovulation and time intercourse correctly.
5 Different Causes Of Ovarian Cysts
Ovarian cysts are common among women of all ages and can be caused by various factors. Here are five different causes of ovarian cysts:
1. Hormonal imbalances– ovarian cysts can form when the follicle (a sac in the ovary containing an immature egg) fails to release the egg during ovulation. This can cause the follicle to grow and fill with fluid, resulting in an ovarian cyst. Hormonal imbalances, such as those caused by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), can increase the likelihood of these cysts.
2. Endometriosis- Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that lines the uterus grows outside the uterus, such as on the ovaries. This can cause the formation of ovarian cysts called endometriomas, which are filled with blood and can be painful.
3. Pregnancy- During pregnancy, the follicles in the ovaries may continue to grow and form cysts. These cysts are usually harmless and resolve on their own after delivery.
4. Previous ovarian cysts- Women who have had ovarian cysts in the past are more likely to develop them again.
5. Genetics- Some women may be more prone to developing ovarian cysts due to their genetics. In some rare cases, ovarian cysts may be caused by inherited conditions, such as Lynch syndrome.
Ovarian Cysts Treatment
If you are trying to conceive and have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst, discussing your options with the best IVF doctors in Delhi is important. Your doctor may recommend monitoring the cyst, prescribing medication to promote ovulation, or surgically removing the cyst. In some cases, fertility treatments, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), may be recommended to improve the chances of pregnancy.
It’s important to note that not all ovarian cysts are harmful or require treatment. However, you must talk to your healthcare provider if you experience any symptoms or have concerns about ovarian cysts. The top IVF doctors in Delhi can help diagnose the cause and determine if treatment is necessary.
Leave a Reply