There are various extensions supporting ART for in-vitro fertilization with updated technologies carried out further to improve success rate in treatment during IVF-ET. Embryo transfer is the most critical phase in the ART where the most competent embryo is placed in the female uterus where implantation occurs. There are many breakthrough techniques promoting IVF treatment success rate such as sperm selection procedures, time- lapse embryo monitoring, preimplantation genetic screening, assisted hatching endometrial injury and embryo-glue to which are adjuvants used in embryology to turn the ratio of fertilization and improve implantation. The above mentioned techniques are followed by an IVF specialist in best IVF centers to overcome the infertility rate that is shooting day by day.
Embryo Glue acts as an adhesive culture media which is highly enriched in hyaluronan (hyaluronic acid) used during implantation of embryo promoting the pregnancy rate in IVF-ET cycle during embryo transfer in prognosis. This media aid adhesion of the embryo to the mucous membrane in the uterus by enclosing media over the embryo and guiding the bonding activity of the embryo to the uterus with sticky property that possess consistency similar to the mucosal membrane. In our IVF clinic our IVF specialist provides the embryo transfer along with embryo glue that helped couples to increase chances of conception.
- HA is a glycosaminoglycan distributed in human body but found ample in female reproductive tract in oviduct and uterine fluid. It is an important constituent in extracellular matrix important for cumulus cell expansion.
- It contributes in implantation effect, proliferation of cells and promotes quicker apposition and adhesion.
- Also hyaluronan enhances viscosity in surrounding oviduct and uterus improving pregnancy and implantation in IVF treatment
Why Embryo glue is beneficial?
- EG, is beneficial for those patients with recurrent implantation failure.
- EG, helps in increasing embryo implantation for patient with ectopic pregnancy.
- EG, improves the apposition and attachment of the embryo in the uterine cavity for implantation.
- EG, is HA-enriched media which is favourable for female with advanced-age.
- EG, being rich in HA it promotes physiological processes like embryo development, migration, adhesion, proliferation and cell differentiation during implantation.
How embryos are transferred along with embryo glue? Is there any harm effect in using Embryo Glue?
During implantation of embryo there is cellular binding between embryonic and maternal tissue in the uterus that go through structural and functional modification consisting of three stages:
Apposition: Initiation of implantation occurs when the blastocyst comes in contact with the endometrium in uterine cavity which forms an interaction with a trophoblastic layer of embryo and decidua of endometrium.
Adhesion: Here, trophoblast of the blastocyst adhere to the uterine epithelial basement membrane and attach with the endometrial stroma. It shows very close cellular contact by dissolution of blastocyst layer and formation of microvilli that runs in a regular pattern between embryo and uterine epithelium.
Invasion: The endometrial epithelial layer is invaded by the trophoblastic cell across the epithelial basement membrane in the uterine. It is the adjustment of the blastocyst in the uterus where cytotrophoblast and syncytiotrophoblast forms masses from trophoblastic layer. This helps in hemochorial contact that reestablish maternal arteries to maintain blood flow between fetus and mother.
No adverse effect or any risk in using embryo glue for embryo transfer is found. It imitates the natural environment in the female uterus and act like a backbone for successful implantation.